When should you consider HVAC financing?
There’s no disputing that HVAC is an important part of any home. HVAC systems keep you warm during the winter and cool after a hot summer day. It’s only natural many homeowners want the best HVAC systems they can get.
However, not all projects are created equal. Some HVAC upgrades or repairs are urgent (e.g. winter is coming and your heater doesn’t work). Others can wait–do you really need to control the temperature in every room of your house?
Your HVAC project’s urgency helps determine whether it’s a good idea to get financing. If you have time to wait, then you should save cash. Saving up for your project will help you avoid interest, fees, and a hit to your credit score.
On the other hand, if your project is urgent or part of a broader remodel you’re working on, then you may want to consider HVAC financing. With HVAC costs ranging from $2,000 to over $12,000, it’s important to pick the right financing option.
Which type of HVAC financing should you consider?
If your HVAC project is urgent, then you probably don’t have time to wait 5-6 weeks to get a home equity line of credit or home equity loan–even if you do have enough home equity.
For HVAC projects on a tight timeframe, you should consider a personal loan. Personal loans help you responsibly plan your project by giving you a fixed amount upfront. By taking out a personal loan, you can:
- Pay the same amount each month. Your monthly payment stays the same even if interest rates go up.
- Get funded as soon as tomorrow. Personal loan providers transfer funds to your bank account as soon as a day after you get approved.
- Finance your project without any home equity. Every personal loan has no home equity requirement.
Why Hearth for HVAC financing?
Hearth helps you find great deals on personal loans without affecting your credit score. We partner with several leading lending providers to help you shop around for the best rates.
You can see your personalized HVAC financing rates in 3 easy steps:
1. Complete one secure application. We protect your information using the same encryption as your bank.
2. Compare your personalized rates. Look at your options side by side.
3. Get funded as soon as tomorrow. Find an option you like, then continue your application with one of our lending partners.
Here’s another HVAC tip
Try to pick projects that will cut your monthly expenses. Using energy-efficient air conditioners and heaters could actually reduce your monthly utilities–helping you recoup some or all of the cost of your upgrade.