Why Hire A Union Company
In general, Union laborers are more dependable, more loyal, more skilled and more experienced, than the non-union worker. Here are a few reasons why:
- Expertise. Union workers tend to be very skilled workers who have been trained to perform specific job functions. If you’re looking for workers with a depth of expertise in a specific field, like HVAC, union contractors can fit the bill. Union workers usually have more certifications, like North American Technician Excellence (NATE) , EPA 608, and MECH-3 certifications.
- Experience. Along with expertise, union contractors are known for employing some of the industry’s most experienced workers. Unions are meticulous about apprenticeship programs and other strategies that pair younger workers with experienced veterans.
- Safety. Worker health and safety concerns have always been primary issues for unions and their members. When union contractors work on your site, you can be assured that they will maintain compliance with OSHA regulations and safety standards. If a dangerous situation arises, it will be resolved quickly and completely.
- Job Protection. A worker whose job is protected from unfair or arbitrary termination, has a vested interest in the success of the company. The union worker wants the company to be successful because his economic future depends on that success.
- Living Wage. A well-paid worker is the backbone of the economy. A union worker almost always is paid more than a non-union worker. A well-paid worker contributes to the economy whereas an underpaid worker doesn’t. The most basic reality is that the economy is best served by having a well-paid prosperous working class. They are after all, the best customers of the local businesses that make up the economy.
- Available Workforce. A non-union company is only able to take on those jobs that they can handle with their current labor force. A Union company has a large reserve of highly qualified workers that can be pulled into a job at any given time, allowing them to take on any project…no matter how large. Union laborers are available to be dispatched in a single day to any Union company, instead of having to search for, vet, and hire new employees.